Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Loving Him

Loving your husband is not an exact science that you learn from books and study alone. It is something you learn from your husband himself. Yes, read what you can find. Yes, educate yourself. By all means, get marital advice when needed. But, none of that replaces the input of your spouse.

Learn to ask questions, wait on answers, and see the things your man may never be able to express. While reading books, don't forget to read your husband. Plan time to understand him. Make efforts to show him that you're into him.

I made a declaration long ago that I would be my husband's best friend. I am, even when I don't want to be. If he has a problem, even if it is me, we talk about it. Sometimes, we fuss about it. Every time, we work through it together. That is how you love your husband.

No comments: